Didn’t finalize your schedule yet? Interested to experience working in a fashion PR Office? Want to work on the New York Fashion Week Show? Then join the School of Fashion’s Public Relations & Special Events Office as a Summer 2018 intern! The internship is a commitment of 12-15 hours per week, unpaid and for course credit only.
The Public Relations Intern will learn about and assist with the following:
- Update the master list of press/media mentions, press archive hard copy books, and ISSUU online
- Draft content to be pitched to publications
- Assist the public relations staff with events/event planning
- Maintain, research and update media contacts
- Assist with photo editing
- Prepare for and support the PR team around New York Fashion Week and the School of Fashion’s Show in New York
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Punctual / On Time
- Independent Worker
- Organized, Detail Oriented, and able to Multitask
- Good Communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Understanding of computer skills in Excel, Photoshop, and Google Docs
To qualify for the internship, you must be a current student at Academy of Art University with a 3.0 GPA or higher. BFA students must have completed 90 units and MA students must have already passed his or her mid-point review.