Didn’t finalize your schedule yet? Interested to experience working in a fashion PR Office? Want to work on the New York Fashion Week Show? Then join the School of Fashion’s Public Relations & Special Events Office as a Summer 2018 intern! The internship is a commitment of 12-15 hours per week, unpaid and for course credit only.
Stop by Room 200 at 625 Polk Street to introduce yourself in person, or apply by email with your resume before June 15th to EEberhard@academyart.
The Public Relations Intern will learn about and assist with the following:
- Update the master list of press/media mentions, press archive hard copy books, and ISSUU online
- Draft content to be pitched to publications
- Assist the public relations staff with events/event planning
- Maintain, research and update media contacts
- Assist with photo editing
- Prepare for and support the PR team around New York Fashion Week and the School of Fashion’s Show in New York
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Punctual / On Time
- Independent Worker
- Organized, Detail Oriented, and able to Multitask
- Good Communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Understanding of computer skills in Excel, Photoshop, and Google Docs
To qualify for the internship, you must be a current student at Academy of Art University with a 3.0 GPA or higher. BFA students must have completed 90 units and MA students must have already passed his or her mid-point review.