We all know you have been waiting for it — so here it is; the OFFICIAL guest list for our 2010 Fashion Show! And despite some circulating rumors, John Paul Gaultier is not one of the guests. Don’t get us wrong, we do love him, but who started that rumor?
Nonetheless, here is the list. Drum roll please…
An Academy of Art University Honorary Doctorate will be presented to Suzy Menkes, OBE, Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur, and fashion editor of International Herald Tribune.
Academy of Art University President’s Awards for Excellence will be presented to:
· Julie Chaiken, Bay Area designer and founder of Chaiken Clothing
· Keanan Duffty, designer and author of ‘Rebel Rebel: Anti-Style’ by Rizzoli, 2009
· Patrik Ervell, winner of the 2007 Ecco Domani Award for best men’s wear designer
· Ian Hannula and Joe Haller, Bay Area designers and founders of Nice Collective
· Carol Lim and Humberto Leon, innovative retailers and founders of Opening Ceremony
· Elisa Palomino, women’s wear designer and VP of Design at Diane von Fürstenberg
· Walter Van Beirendonck, men’s wear designer and one of ‘The Antwerp Six’
· Dirk Van Saene, artist, designer and one of ‘The Antwerp Six’
Honored guests will announce internships at the end of the show. Other internships and awards to be announced include Abercrombie & Fitch, BCBG, SURTEX® designext Student Competition, and the Sister City Scholarship Exchange to study abroad in Paris at Studio Berçot and L’Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne.
That’s quite a guest list, isn’t it? Stay tuned for symposiums and Q&As that you can attend.
In the meantime, check out this snazzy little slideshow of our guests: