SF Indie Fashion, a web site and blog devoted to San Francisco’s thriving independent, local fashion community, is looking for a media-savvy fall intern.
– Previous journalism and writing experience
– Comfortable reporting on events and conducting in-person, phone and email interviews in a professional, timely manner
– Ability to turn around a minimum of two or more assignments per week. Must be able to do this reliably.
– Lives in San Francisco and able to attend multiple local fashion events each week, usually in the evenings (being 21+ is a big help with this)
– Additional media skills, including previous video, photography, graphic design and/or social media and experience
– Experience with or interest in learning wordpress or another blogging content management system
– An interest in the role of small, local businesses and independent designers to the larger San Francisco fashion community
Why you’d want to intern for SF Indie Fashion:
– Hands-on experience reporting, writing and covering fashion events
– The chance to work with a local fashion writer/editor who will help you improve and hone your writing, editing and media skills
– A great deal of freedom to be creative
– Media access to local fashion events, shows, sales, etc.
– The chance to network with key players in the San Francisco fashion industry
– The opportunity to develop a portfolio of clips, media samples you can use in the future
– A chance to immerse yourself in the local fashion scene
– Learn blogging and social media skills
The ideal intern will be able to attend fashion events and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and turn them into interesting, well-written, insightful features for SF Indie Fashion under the guidance of the site’s founder and editor.
Interns need to be able to attend at least one weekly meeting at SF Indie Fashion headquarters in the Mission to discuss assignments and go over story edits. Other work will be done remotely.
Journalism and writing instruction will be offered to intern during the course of the internship, but basic writing and journalism skills – not to mention decent grammar – are required.
Note: We may also be looking specifically for a photography and/or video intern this fall. If that’s your skill set, please feel free to be in touch.
To apply, please send your resume, a writing sample and an email outlining your interest in the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.