Didn’t finalize your schedule yet? Interested to experience working in a fashion PR Office? Want to work on the Graduation Fashion Show? Then join the School of Fashion’s Public Relations & Special Events Office as a Spring 2018 intern! The internship is a commitment of 12-15 hours per week, unpaid and for course credit only.
Stop by Room 200 at 625 Polk Street to introduce yourself in person, or apply by email with your resume before January 31st to EEberhard@academyart.edu
The Public Relations Intern will learn about and assist with the following:
- Update the master list of press/media mentions, press archive hard copy books, and ISSUU online
- Draft content to be pitched to publications
- Assist the public relations staff with events / event planning
- Maintain, research and update media contacts
- Assist with photo editing
We are looking for someone with the following skills
- Punctual / On Time
- Independent Worker
- Organized, Detail Oriented, and able to Multitask
- Good Communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Understanding of computer skills in Excel, Photoshop, and Google Docs
To qualify for the internship, you must be a current student at Academy of Art University with a 3.0 GPA or higher. BFA students must have completed 90 units and and MA students must have already passed his or her mid-point review.