Ruby Press (www.rubypr.com), a boutique public relations agency located in Berkeley, CA, is seeking a professional, enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented and has the ability to be resourceful, creative and inspired while working in a boutique agency setting. The ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure is essential.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of related experience. They are seeking long-term candidates interested in growth within the agency.
- Well versed in fashion, design, and beauty media
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working on lifestyle accounts (beauty, fashion, design)
- Ability to handle multiple accounts and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills for press releases and pitches
- Experience working with applicable media: print, online, broadcast, and social media
- Efficient and effective at creating and executing pitches
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting
- Experience working with Cision and proficient in Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Personable, enthusiastic, and hard working
- Day to day client contact, pitching, and securing press coverage
- Facilitate sample requests
- Draft pitches and press releases with alacrity and precision
- Create weekly and monthly press coverage reports
- Compilation and maintenance of media lists
- Proactively suggest new tactics for ongoing campaigns
- Ongoing understanding of all client content and up-to-date knowledge of client-related news coverage as well as related news trends
- Conceptualize, articulate, and execute the company’s goals/mission to media and the general public
- Assist in coordinating events
TO APPLY: Go to their Craigslist posting here, and send an email to the email address provided in the post. Include your cover letter, writing sample, and resume in the body of the email as they will not open attachments. Please include “Assistant/Coordinator” in your subject line.
**Unfortunately due to the number of applicants they are not able to respond to each email, but will contact those with whom they’d like to set up interviews. Thanks so much for your interest!