The School of Fashion will debut collections from graduating students on Thursday, May 5 at the annual Graduation Fashion Show and Awards Ceremony.
Each year, the fashion school honors industry leaders who have made an outstanding contribution to the world of fashion and creates opportunities for guests to interact with students during classroom visits, discussions, and portfolio reviews.
The Degree of Honorary Doctorate from Academy of Art University will be presented to:
- Cathy Horyn, the fashion critic of The New York Times
- Nathalie Rykiel, the president and artistic director of Sonia Rykiel
Academy of Art University President’s Award for Excellence will be presented to:
- Fashion designer Yigal Azrouël
- Fashion designer Andrew Buckler
- Fashion designers Steven Cox and Daniel Silver of Duckie Brown
- Christina Neault, executive producer of IMG Fashion
- Laure du Pavillon, proprietor of Coeur d’enterprise
Previous guests to the School of Fashion include Azzedine Alaïa, Prosper and Martine Assouline, Geoffrey Beene, Rose Marie Bravo, The Honorable Bertrand Delanoë Mayor of Paris, Loulou de la Falaise, Oscar de la Renta, David Downton, Keanan Duffty, Patrik Ervell, James Galanos, Joan Kaner, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim of Opening Ceremony, Antonio Lopez, Fern Mallis, Alexander McQueen, Rosita and Tai Missoni, Isaac Mizrahi, Josie Natori, Elisa Palomino, Zac Posen, Zandra Rhodes CBE, Ralph Rucci, Jeremy Scott, Carla Sozzani, Walter Van Beirendonck, Dirk Van Saene, and Dame Vivienne Westwood DBE, as well as Christophe Girard Director of Fashion Strategy of LVMH Fashion Group, Robin Givhan, and Suzy Menkes.
Stay tuned for more info on our “fashion week” in May!