This is for all you journalism diehards out there…
The Bold Italic (www.thebolditalic.com) is a collection of stories by the city’s boldest locals (which includes fashion journalism instructor Dino-Ray Ramos). Our mission is to help people become better locals, equipping our members with rare intel, backstories and potential adventures in San Francisco. The Bold Italic is a project of Gannett, the publishing company that owns USA Today and other media outlets.
Most recently our writers engaged in urban farming, freeganism, pick n’ pulling, rooftop jumping, city patrolling vigilante-style, extreme bathing, cheese making and thwarting bike stealing.
We’re looking for a cracker-jack intern to be an evangelist for the site.
– Researching potential merchant partners.
– Showing merchants their mentions in stories.
– Helping merchants to claim their business page.
– Soliciting offers from merchants.
– Visiting merchants around town and introducing them to the site.
– Helping out with office administrative duties.
This is not a sales job, as the services we are offering are free for merchants.
Skills we are looking for:
– Familiarity with San Francisco.
– A people person, in phone and up close.
– Detail oriented – able to manage multiple relationships and tasks at once.
– Responsible and on time.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to get involved with the business side of an online publication.
This is an unpaid internship, but we can offer hands-on experience and college credit.
Please only apply if you can dedicate 10-15 hours per week.
Send your resume and cover letter to Nicole Grant at nicole (at) thebolditalic (dot) com.